Blinging your bike or scooter is a brilliant way to strut your creative stuff and put your stamp on your own bike or scooter.
Here are a few typical ingredients that every budding blinger should have:
• Brightly coloured paper or card
• sticky tape
• cable ties
• sticky tack or glue
• scraps of furry/ fluffy/ animal
print/ fluorescent material
• pipe cleaners, ribbon and
squares of felt
• coloured pens, pencils,
crayons or non-smudge paints
Things to remember
• If using glue, paint or permanent markers, make
sure you are very careful not to get things where
they shouldn’t be.
• Be super careful with scissors and glue, or make sure someone's there to keep an eye on things.
• Make sure that your bike costume isn't permanent and that you can put things on and remove them easily.
• Don't get superglue on your brakes or cut through any cables!
• Make sure things are fixed or attached well so nothing drops off as you parade around the park or cycle along the road.
• Above all, make sure that your bike remains safe to ride and that you can steer, brake and see all around you as normal.